For decades, Mount Stromlo Observatory has served as a scientific and educational icon of Canberra. In order to give everyone an opportunity to stay connected and become part of the Mount Stromlo community, we have set up our Friends of Stromlo program.
Becoming a Friend of Stromlo connects you and your family to an illustrious history of scientific achievement and gives you the opportunity to learn about the current work of the Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics.
You’ll be able to immerse yourself in the experience as our astronomers and scientists make new discoveries, develop new instruments, and share our knowledge with the community through our Public Nights, Tours, and Events.
Members also benefit from news updates and reminders about upcoming events, preferred access to Public Night registration and parking, invitations to special members-only lectures and events, and more! Best of all, you’ll be the first to hear about it.
As a 2018 member, you gain many benefits, including:
- Preferred seating for Public Nights
- Preferred parking for Public Nights
- Email reminders about upcoming Public Nights, Tours and Events
- Early access to tickets
- Invitations to special members-only lectures, events, and special opportunities.
- Opportunities to win astronomy books and prizes in regular draws
- 10% discount on Private Stargazing Nights
- Discounted rates for room hire at Mount Stromlo Observatory
- Exclusive invitation to the opening of our soon-to-be-announced new exhibit later this year
- Special opportunities for our Cassini and Kepler speaking tour during National Science Week this August
Plus more benefits over the coming months!
Memberships are $55 per year and provide benefits for one person/car per membership.
Please note that all member communications are sent via email. We will never share your email address with commercial or outside organisations.
To join, click on the 'Join now' button and fill out the form.
We hope you'll take this exciting opportunity to join our community, and we look forward to welcoming you at the Visitor Centre soon.